Gun Runners Caravan Package
NOTES: This quest can be done in either Turn-Based or Real-Time mode, and this is determined by what mode the quest-taker is in at the time he gets the quest from Marshal. Also, the quest-taker can die during this quest and yet still see the map location as long as he dies inside the cave, but not outside. If the quest-taker dies outside the cave, he won't be able to return to the quest location.
|Two Super Mutants are at the top left of the map, one will have a Light Support weapon, The other with a minigun. As long as the quest taker does not die at the outside of the mine the quest taker can bring back buddies to aid in clearing the place out. If you've ever cave hunted deathclaws you'll know about what to expect. Except now they shoot back. Inside the cave will be at Mutants armed with flamers, powerfists, miniguns, at least 1 Avenger and 1 Gatling Laser, and some laser rifles.|
- Quest-taker must be at least Level 15
- At least 4 characters total in quest party (I've tested it 3 times and you can do it solo.)
- Someone with decent (100+ Recommended with picks) Lockpick Skill to access the locked containers.
- One nice item on this quest is a Gatling Laser in high condition.
- The main quest item is the package itself, a Metal Case with the following blueprints:
Note: The quest case is locked and also rigged with multiple explosives. If you try to open it without disabling the traps first, you'll trigger the explosives, which can destroy the precious blueprints inside. Use high Traps skill on the case before you open it - you`ll receive info about explosive being unarmed, then you can safely use lockpick.
Giving back the Case
If you decide to give back the case you will receive:
- Your choice of:
- 500 Reputation with the Gunrunners
- 250 experience points.
- Complete the quest by giving the metal case to Marshal and get items and reputation
- Trade the case to BoS for a minigun blueprint (and Plasma Pistol plans. You need to talk to the Men in Metal armor in front of Brotherhood safehouse in NRC.)
- Keep the case and open it to get the blueprints
- This quest is repeatable after a random 6-9 hours after you get reward from Ralph.
- Dying outside the cave might cause the location to despawn (Rumor not proven)
- losing/giving the Gun Runners package away to another player will make the quest open until another package is given to the Gun Runners. Talking to the Gun Runners will still lower reputation but the quest will not end.