|« If you hadn't noticed yet, our little farming community is experiencing one of its worst droughts ever. |
The rainy season was unusually short this year, and our crops are dead or dying from lack of water.
To put it bluntly, our community is on the verge of withering away with our crops. »
- Jo, the mayor.
Modoc was built on the edge of the former Modoc National Forest, and is one of the secondary towns of Fallout 2. For a long time, Modoc's community has been surviving trading meat and brahmin hides (the city is featuring an impressive slaughterhouse), but now other cities have begun to sell the same stuff at cheaper prices. Nowadays Modoc is beginning to be mostly a trade city, thanks to its armorer Balthas, its location on the route to Vault City or The Den, and the Bed and Breakfast that gives a warm welcome to travelers.
Despite being of less importance in the original Fallout 2 game, Modoc is a big city in FOnline: Forever. It attracts many fighters because it is one of the few cities that is not guarded in the northern part of the worldmap. It is also a city where no reputation is needed (when the slavers of Den may attack you or Gecko's ghouls).
- The shit shoveling is enabled in Modoc, since there is a brahmin pen near the slaughterhouse. A beginner or a low-level player may earn his first caps and xp here, but take care! This city is not safe, and you may get killed easily for a few caps.
- Modoc also contains many quests.
- There is also a workbench inside the tannery.
- You can trade with merchants, like Jo, the Sheriff, or Grisham, or Balthas.
- Rose's Bed and Breakfast can rent you rooms or trade some stuff.
- The Town Control system, implemented in Modoc too, makes this town a battlefield at the right time.
- This town is one of the best places to fight - or getting killed - in FOnline: Forever.
- You can rent hotel rooms there, at Rose's Inn.
- At north entrance of Modoc there is small garden (to the west of Rose's Inn) where you can find fruits and fibers plants.
Modoc is located at Grid 20:5 (north central area).