Just like in the original Fallout game, the Hub is a major city. In FOnline: Forever, several traders, banking services and quests are turning this town into a valuable alternative to the huge Shady Sands, the capital of the New California Republic which also includes Hub. Due to Hub's close proximity to new characters' starting location, Hub often has a lot of player traffic. It is a guarded town so there are far fewer fights happening there, and it has NPC merchants for bartering goods.
The Hub was firstly created by a man named Angus, that later became the first governor of that growing city. Thanks to Harold's caravans, The Hub started to grow and attract a lot of citizens. Later came a war with the water merchants, that were demanding a toll for anyone wanting water in the city. After an agreement, the Hub's council was made, and the town got ruled by several policemen. It is a lawful town that will later be a part of the New California Republic - after the year 2238. The Hub also hosted the impressive Hub roleplay project.
Despite a huge police force sometimes helped by a Republic's Rangers backup, The Hub is unknowingly hosting the Thieves Guild, a faction that was once led by roleplaying players. The Hub Underground, that seeks to control the Hub and its massive trading profits, is hosted in a basement under the Maltese Falcon bar, but seems quite peaceful or hiding. (The Steal skill has been disabled in Hub.)
The Hub's Police
The Hub's police leader is Deputy Feral, a man commonly known to patrol in The Hub in person. He suspects the Maltese Falcon to host the Hub Underground, but isn't able to do something by himself. He is in very good terms with Sheriff Dumont. Deputy Feral is leading a police which is for a major part made of normal citizens, with a light training, that make the Hub's militia. They are tough, though they make up for their lack of training with good weapons and tremendous armors.
- The shit shoveling is enabled in Hub, since there are some brahmin pens near the main entrance. A beginner or a low-level player may earn his first caps and xp here. You can also be hired there, to lift caravan boxes.
- The Hub also contains some quests.
- You can trade with several merchants or buy caravans. The good that the merchants are selling goes from the books to the heavy armors.
- You can rent hotel rooms there, at the Maltese Falcon, which is sometimes full of drinkers that will roleplay from times to times.
- The FLC banking service, located in at the market place.
- You can fight unarmed with other players inside the Hub arena. To enter it you need to talk with arena manager inside Maltese Falcon.
- Earn 5 XP and advice for giving a piece of fruit to the hungry young boy near entrance. (Repeatable)
- There is an active workbench in the eastside of oldtown.
- Entrance (main gate, north)
- The Heights
- Water Merchants
The Hub is located at Grid 31:40 (central southern area).